Consultant Urologist In London
Looking for a Consultant Urologist in London?
If you’ve been referred to a urologist, or been recommended you see one, here’s what to expect.
What is urology?
Put simply, urology is a branch of medicine that deals with the urinary system in both men and women.
However, London Andrology accommodates some of the UK’s most eminent andrologists who specialises in the field of men’s health.
As the urinary system is comprised of many organs, we may treat you for issues and illnesses affecting:
- kidneys – these filter waste from the blood, producing urine
- ureters – the tubes that carry urine from the kidneys to the bladder
- bladder – this organ stores urine before i leaves the body
- urethra – the tube that carries urine from the bladder, out of the body
- adrenal glands – hormone-secreting glands above the kidneys
Urology also deals with the diagnosis and treatment of conditions affecting the male reproductive organs, including:
- the penis
- the testicles
- the prostate
So, it is in relation to any issues of these areas of the body that you will find yourself in need of a urologist or andrologist such as Professor Suks Minhas or Dr. Tet Yap